converted to 1.6 markup
|No differences found!|
Dynebolic 2.4.2. Screen Configuration
This page covers any issues related to Screen configuration
- I want to change my display to a format not available in the Dynebolic configuration (Configure/ Interface/ Display menu)
- There are many web sites that outline changing the display. For example, you may want to change the refresh rate to a setting not available in Dynebolic. A simple method is as follows
- a. Find your monitors Vertical (Hz) and Horizontal (kHz) sync rates
b. Go to one of the websites that generates a Modeline for X, for example: http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl
- c. Follow the instructions and fill in the blanks and generate an appropriate modeline for your monitor
- d. Login to Dynebolic as root and open the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file for editing, ie:
- # nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf
- Section "Monitor"
ModeLine "1280x1024@50" 90.89 1280 1312 1656 1688 1024 1045 1054 1076 +hsync +vsync
To allow higher resolutions: Add your new display resolution to Display section and "modes".
Close X with ctrl-alt-backspace, then startx to start again.