|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
|Line 21:||Line 22:|
|Line 22:||Line 24:|
|Line 28:||Line 31:|
Remaster your own live installer, live iso
works with ubuntu too... Ubuntu Live CD Customization
Fetch your favorite iso, in the following examples we will take puredyne-911-carrot_and_coriander iso to show that this procedures can apply to a lot of different isos/systems.
The basic procedure is simple:
- mount in a loop the iso;
- copy the content of the image in a directory of choice except for the main squashfs filesystem (on ubuntu and debian named filesystem.squash, on dynebolic dyne.sys);
- uncompress the squashfs into another directory of choice;
- copy from the host system or edit manually /etc/resolv.conf to use working dns;
- do a bind mount of dev,proc and sys into the uncompressed directory;
How to do this:
sudo mount - o loop puredyne.iso /mnt mkdir extract-cd rsync --exclude=/live/filesystem.squashfs -a /mnt/ extract-cd sudo unsquashfs /mnt/live/filesystem.squashfs sudo mv squashfs-root edit sudo cp /etc/resolv.conf edit/etc/ sudo mount --bind /dev/ edit/dev sudo chroot edit mount -t proc none /proc mount -t sysfs none /sys mount -t devpts none /dev/pts '' ??? Is this repeated for error? ???sudo unsquashfs /mnt/live/filesystem.squashfs ???sudo mv squashfs-root edit ''
Just to be sure not to have locales problems during installation of new packages export 2 system variables:
export HOME=/root export LC_ALL=C
You also need to do this as root (that's for some reasons connected with a couple of dbus bugs):
dbus-uuidgen > /var/lib/dbus/machine-id dpkg-divert --local --rename --add /sbin/initctl ln -s /bin/true /sbin/initctl
When you want to remove packages remember to use purge I investigated a bit the matter, not enough to know whats going on but enough to know is a good practice.
Once in the chroot start poking:
# refresh your list apt-get update # some must have apt-get install htop modconf # some multimedia apt-get install cinelerra sox twolame mpeg2dec a52dec libsox-fmt-all a52dec darkice darksnow
aptitude clean rm -rf /tmp/* ~/.bash_history rm /etc/resolv.conf rm /var/lib/dbus/machine-id rm /sbin/initctl dpkg-divert --rename --remove /sbin/initctl dpkg -l > packages.txt umount /proc umount /sys umount /dev/pts sudo umount edit/dev sudo mv edit/packages.txt extract-cd/live/
- Remove all useless documentation from /usr/share/doc
- install all multilanguage documentation for programs and track they're directory if we can squash them or zip, inkscape,gimp,OOffice, some copies maybe from FOSS manuals?
- remove unused themes
- install some more open fonts
- install some edubuntu software(find out which)
- clean up desktop
- boot and test the video software